To fulfill its commitment to Economic Development, the County of Newell is a part of the Newell Regional Economic Development Initiative (NREDI). NREDI is an organization formed through a signed agreement between all the municipalities within the County of Newell boundaries and the Eastern Irrigation District to support economic development within the region. In addition to the municipalities (City of Brooks, County of Newell, Town of Bassano, Villages of Rosemary, Village of Duchess). The Partnership allows the region to approach economic development for the benefit of all businesses, communities and industries focussing on regional promotion, business contact, educational development, and marketing research.
The Newell Region will be known for a high level of economic development utilizing existing and future resources to develop a well- balanced entrepreneurial business culture with a strong quality of life for our communities.
- Community development from a regional perspective must be built on the strengths of the Newell Region.
- Support which enhances the economic health and well-being of industry within the Newell Region will increase the economic health and well-being of the local and regional economy.
- Entrepreneurship is a key factor in the achievement of human potential.
- Long term sustainability is a necessary component of social, cultural, economic, and political achievement.
The mission of the Newell Regional Economic Development Initiative is to facilitate the achievement of economic growth opportunities for:
- Existing enterprises
- Future entrepreneurs
This will be accomplished by:
- Identifying and marketing opportunities
- Developing regional partnerships
- Providing business development assistance
The mandate of the committee is to identify, research, and pursue initiatives (within the parameters of the approved budget) that will enhance the economic growth of the Newell Region.