- A Fire Advisory – Fires are allowed, but public warning advising of extreme caution is issued. This level is a warning and may be upgraded to a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban if conditions do not improve.
- A Fire Restriction – No Fires except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances or portable propane fire pits or campfires in designated fire sites within approved campgrounds.
- A Fire Ban – No Fires, except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances.
What Can You Expect During a Fire Ban
- "A Fire Ban" - Several Fire Ban in Effect signs are posted at entrances to the County of Newell; a news release is sent out to the local media outlets; Ads may be run in the local media; a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media accounts.
- "A Fire Restriction" - Refer to "A Fire Ban" mentioned above.
- "A Fire Advisory" - A news release is sent to the local media; ads may be run in the local media, and a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media channels.
A Fire Advisory has been issued for the
County of Newell
3:01 pm August 13, 2018
A Fire Restriction has been issued for the entire County of Newell due to the following conditions:
· Wind speeds exceeding safe burning conditions at times.
· Lack of sufficient moisture levels.
A Fire Restriction as stated in the County of Newell Bylaw #1839-15 is defined as:
"No Fires except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances or portable propane fire pits or campfires in designated fire sites within approved campgrounds.” This restriction will include fireworks commonly known as family style / low hazard fireworks and explosive targets.
County of Newell Fire Guardians will now refuse new Fire Permits until the Fire Restriction is lifted, and any existing permits are hereby
Note: The Fire Restriction does not affect/cover the following properties contained within the boundaries of the County of Newell:
This Fire Restriction will remain in effect until further notice.
To see a list of all fire bans within the Province, visit www.albertafirebans.ca.
For further information please contact:
Keith Martin, Manager of Fire & Emergency Services - County of Newell
403-794-2297 or Ashley @ 403-794-2298