- A Fire Advisory – Fires are allowed, but public warning advising of extreme caution is issued. This level is a warning and may be upgraded to a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban if conditions do not improve.
- A Fire Restriction – No Fires except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances or portable propane fire pits or campfires in designated fire sites within approved campgrounds.
- A Fire Ban – No Fires, except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances.
What Can You Expect During a Fire Ban
- "A Fire Ban" - Several Fire Ban in Effect signs are posted at entrances to the County of Newell; a news release is sent out to the local media outlets; Ads may be run in the local media; a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media accounts.
- "A Fire Restriction" - Refer to "A Fire Ban" mentioned above.
- "A Fire Advisory" - A news release is sent to the local media; ads may be run in the local media, and a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media channels.
County of Newell Fire Restriction
Now Down Graded to a Fire Advisory
7:30 A.M., November 16, 2018
The Manager of Fire & Emergency Services for the County of Newell, in conjunction with County of Newell Fire Bylaw
#1839-15 has Lifted the Fire Advisory for the entire County of Newell due to the following conditions:
• Current ground conditions are partially snow covered.
• Colder temperatures are keeping the ground temperatures and fine fuels lower.
County of Newell Fire Guardians are able tol issue new Fire Permits. All conditions contained on the Fire Permit shall
be followed without exception. Failure to follow conditions will result in fines being issued.
All County Residents / Rate Payers are reminded that a signed Fire Permit is required prior to kindling fires on lands. All
Permit holders are required to contact your local Fire Department prior to lighting the fire and follow any and all
recommendations/conditions stated on the permit without exception.
Note - this Fire Advisory Lifting does not affect/cover property contained within the municipal boundaries of City of Brooks, Town of Bassano or the Villages of Duchess and Rosemary located inside the boundaries of the County of Newell or Provincial Parks and First Nations Reserves. To see a list of all fire bans within the Province, visit www.albertafirebans.ca. For further information please contact: Keith Martin, Manager of Fire & Emergency Services - County of Newell 403-794-2297 or Ashley @ 403-794-2298