Through the Safety Codes Council, the County was accredited in March 2011 to issue permits for all 5 construction disciplines. This means that landowners are able to obtain construction permits from the County office, rather than from an agency outside the County’s boundaries:
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Septic Permit Application
The County has also contracted an inspection agency, Park Enterprises, to provide support and certified inspectors to review and inspect work carried out under these permits.
By providing in-house construction permits and contracted inspections, the County has reduced the cost of these permits to the landowner. At the same time, the County is ensuring that structures are being built according to the Alberta Building Code.
As of February 1, 2014, all dwellings must be entered into the registry at HomeWarranty.Alberta.ca. The register number must be provided to the County before a building permit can be issued.
For additional information that you will need to supply with your building permit application, please see below:
- Requirements for Basement Development
- Requirements for Commercial & Industrial buildings
- Requirements for Detached Garages
- Requirements for Mobile Homes
- Requirements for New Multi-Family Dwellings
- Requirements for Single Family Dwellings