In Partnership with Alberta Transportation
The Focus for November Will Be
Did you know:
- The fine for not wearing a seat belt is $115.00
- Rear facing seats should be used until the child is at least 2 years old and reaches the maximum height or weight limit given by the manufacturer of the seat
- Forward facing seats should be used once the child has outgrown the rear facing seat
- Booster seats should be used until the child reaches the maximum height or weight limit given by the manufacturer of the seat
- Seat Belts should be used when seat belts fits the child properly; typically when the child is between 8 and 12 years old and is 4'9" tall.
It is very important to ensure you have the right stage of car seat/booster seat for your children. Using the correct stage of seat can reduce the likelihood of children being injuried by 75%.
To ensure you are choosing the right stage of seat, check out the following websites for more information:
- Alberta Seat Belts www.albertaseatbelts.ca
- Government of Canada's http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/road/child-car-seat-safety.html
- Safe Roads https://saferoads.com/pedestrians