Did you know:
- People in passenger vehicles are more likely to be injured or killed in a crash with a larger vehicle
- Larger vehicles have larger blind spots and the driver might always be able to see you
- At a stop sign or light, it is a good idea to leave at least three meters between your vehicle and the read of the larger vehicle
- In 2018, 27,304 inspections were completed by the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Branch
- 1.6% of the total vehicles involved in casualty collisions were tractor trailers
- 48.9% of crashes involving casualty collisions due to fatigue of truck tractor drivers happened between 11pm and 7am
For more information visit www.saferoads.com.