In Partnership with Alberta Transportation
The Focus for July is Young Drivers/Distracted Driving
- Almost half of teens involved in distracted related crashes were teens themselves.
- 6 out of 10 moderate to severe teen crashes were related to distracted driving.
- Driver inattention crashes are responsible for 80% of collisions.
- Drivers are 23 times more likely to be involved in a crash while texting and 9 time more likely when reaching for a moving object.
Here are some helpful tips:
- While driving, allow your calls to go to voice mail
- Avoid eating or drinking
- Do not text, email or use any apps
Visit the Alberta Transportation website for more information: http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/DistractedDriving.htm