Day – September 18,
10:00 am – 12:00 Noon
Nomination Papers Received at: County of Newell Office (½ a mile south of the CRA on Young Road)
Vote - October 7 &
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Voting Station Location: County of Newell Office (½ a mile south of the CRA on Young Road)
Day - October 16, 2017
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Only three divisions within the County of Newell require elections - Division 4 (Scandia, Rainier, Bow City), Division 7 (Rosemary), Division 8 (Duchess). Councillors for all other divisions were acclaimed. View the Official Candidate List here.
Voting Station Locations:
- Division 4 - Rainier Community Hall (160077 HWY873)
- Division 7 - Rosemary Rec-Plex (101 Centre Street, Rosemary, AB)
- Division 8 - Duchess Curling Rink (256A Louise Ave West, Duchess, AB)
Voter Identification will be required at the 2017 Municipal Election. Each voter must produce one (1) piece of identification that establishes BOTH the elector’s name and current address. A list of acceptable forms of identification can be viewed here.
If a voter’s identification shows a post office box number as the address instead of a residential or legal address, it can be accepted as verification of current address if it is in reasonable proximity to the voting jurisdiction.
A person is eligible to vote if they:
- are at least 18 years old,
- are a Canadian citizen, and
- have resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election day and the person’s place of residence is located in the area on Election Day.