The County of Newell sells Phostoxin to County of Newell landowners for the control of stored grain pests.
In order to purchase Phostoxin from the County, landowners must have obtained a Farmer Pesticide Certificate, and completed either the Grain Bin Fumigation or Rodent Control module. Farmer’s must bring their Farmer Pesticide Certificate number with them at time of purchase as per County of Newell Sale of Strychnine Policy.
The County sells Phostoxin on a cost recovery basis. The 2013 price for Phostoxin is $65.00 / flask. No less than one flask of product will be sold to purchaser and no more than two cases will be sold at any one time to any producer.
The ASB reserves the right to refuse this service to any farmer they feel will abuse the program or use the product outside label recommendations. Any farmer discovered using the product against label recommendations will forfeit their right to purchase the product.
- County of Newell Policy No: Sale of Strychnin Policy (2% LSC) & Phostoxin Tablets
- MSDS Sheet for Aluminum Phosphide (Phostoxin)
- Label for Phostoxin Pellets
- Label for Phostoxin Tablets
- Environmental Code of Practice for Pesticides
- Applicators Manual for Phostoxin Pellets and Tablets
- Procedures for Grain Bin Fumigation Fact Sheet
- County of Newell Phostoxin Agreement