Water Units can be cancelled by visiting the County of Newell Administration Office. The process for cancelling a water unit involves the County soliciting a quote from a reputable contractor to dig up the service line and cap it off.  All of these costs would be covered by the landowner who is cancelling the unit.  Once a water unit has been cancelled, should the property ever wish to hook up in the future, current County costs for new hookups would apply.  The cancellation of a water unit would alleviate the landowner from paying the $20.00 per month idle service fee.

To view and print a cancellation form, please click here.