For full details on current public health measures, case data, and what you can do to help "Stop the Spike," visit the Government of Alberta's "COVID-19 Infor for Albertans" web site:
NOTICE - The County of Newell Mini Bus Service is operating at reduced capacity to ensure physical separation is maintained between patrons while on boardRiders must reserve their space in advance of the date that services is required. Please call our minibus driver at 403-363-7890 during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm) to schedule your ride.
Information for County of Newell Residents
2020-05-22 Parks & Playground Equipment are now OPEN, please obey all signage and use at your own risk. Click to view the notice
2020-04-03 The Brooks Food Bank has updated their services in order to help Brooks & surrounding area families during the COVID-19 pandemic Click for details
2020-03-17 COVID-19 Notice Click to view the notice
Make Access to 911 your #1 Priority - Click for more information
Click the items below for COVID-19 resources and information from the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services, Government of Canada, the Town of Bassano, the Village of Duchess, the Village of Rosemary, and other local support services.
All individuals are encouraged to keep up to date on the latest developments throughout Alberta by viewing official information that can be accessed through the Government of Alberta Website: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
Information on provincial restrictions on mass gatherings and the criteria for essential vs. non-essential services are available here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Information on Utility Payment Deferral:
- Government of Alberta website https://www.alberta.ca/utility-payment-deferral.aspx
- Utilities Consumer Advocate website: https://www.ucahelps.alberta.ca/utility-payment-deferral.aspx
A variety of COVID-19 resources are available from Alberta Health Services. You can book a vaccination or a COVID-19 test, learn more about current public health, or access support services through their web site:
24 hour call number for COVID-19 – Call Health Link 811 or https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/findhealth/service.aspx?Id=1001957
Alberta Health Services "Help in Tough Times" https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
Virtual Mental Health Community (Togetherall) https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page17137.aspx
Join the conversation about COVID-19 and other healthcare topics on Together4Health: https://together4health.albertahealthservices.ca/
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) information and updates - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Visit the Brooks Region website for information, resources, and updates for local businesses: https://www.brooksregion.ca/business-supports/covid19
Sign up for the Brooks Region eNewsletter: https://www.brooksregion.ca/get-to-know-us/contact-us/subscribe-to-us
- Support local businesses that remain open during this time. Find them via the Brooks Region Business Directory:
- Are you a business operator that is open? Let people know by adding your information to the Brooks Region Business Directory:
- Payments under the Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit will be available in April 2021
- Brooks Food Bank has updated their services in order to help Brooks & surrounding area families during the COVID-19 pandemic Click for details
- Brooks Safeway Grocery Order, Pickup & Delivery Service This service has been DISCONTINUED as of June 5, 2020 Click for details
- SPEC Help Line - Phone or text 403-376-1926 Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm for information, support, and referrals to services and programs that can help you. Click for details
- DIY Face Masks - Make your own non-medical mask Click for details
The Town of Bassano Office is open Monday-Wednesday & Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm. Closed to the public on Thursday. No appointment required.
Call 403-641-3788 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Click below for information specific to the Town of Bassano
Click below for information specific to the Village of Duchess
Click below for information specific to the Village of Rosemary