Permitted Use Applications

The Municipal Government Act, Part 17, provides that anyone may appeal a decision of the Development Authority by paying the required fee and providing reasons for the appeal in writing.  For further information please contact Sheryl Page at the County office at 362-3266.

  1. All construction and/or changes in use may require a Development Permit.  This requirement applies to new and moved-in dwellings, garages, additions, and decks.  A development undertaken prior to a Development Permit taking effect is illegal under the Land Use Bylaw.
  2. A fence does not require a permit, as long as it meets setback requirements.
  3. Farm buildings constructed solely for agricultural purposes do not require a permit, subject to meeting set-back requirements and construction standards of the respective land use district.
  4. All development occurring adjacent to a numbered highway (i.e. 542, 873, etc.) may require the approval of Alberta Transportation with a Roadside Development Permit.

Official Website of the County of Newell

Site Map