Road Allowance Closure Process

A road allowance must be closed through the formal bylaw approval process, while a surveyed road plan can be closed by resolution

The closure process by bylaw includes a public hearing, three readings of Council and approval from the Provincial Minister of Transportation. 

Closure by resolution requires written consent from adjacent landowners and a Council resolution. 

Once approved for closure, a sale or lease agreement is finalized with the applicant.


Official Website of the County of Newell

Site Map