Am I using an Undeveloped Road Allowance?

Road allowances that run north-south are spaced at one-mile intervals. East-west road allowances are spaced at two-mile intervals. Road allowances are sometimes farmed or grazed with the adjacent quarter. No development, including irrigation, can happen on an open road allowance. Any road allowances that are being used for a purpose other than a public roadway need to be closed. An open road allowance can be accessed by the general public at any time.

Official Website of the County of Newell

Site Map